Option Care a National Home Infusion Provider Partners with The ALS Association
Over 100 individuals living with ALS have started care in the comfort of their home with Option Care using RadicavaTM
BANNOCKBURN, Ill., Oct. 30, 2017 – Option Care Enterprises, Inc., the nation’s largest independent provider of home and alternate treatment site infusion services, has partnered with The ALS Association to offer education, support and enhance the quality of life for individuals affected by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
With the approval of RADICAVATM (edaravone), the first ALS treatment option approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in more than 20 years, there’s now an increased need to have access to home infusion services. Option Care is proud to be a nationally contracted home infusion provider of RADICAVATM (edaravone), supporting the ALS community by providing the ability for individuals living with ALS to receive treatment in the comfort of their home. Already, over 100 starts of care have successfully been initiated with RadicavaTM (edaravone). In addition, Option Care provides the industry’s leading nutrition support program and enteral therapy for many individuals living with ALS.
“Option Care applauds The ALS Association’s mission and recognizes their efforts in giving help and hope to those facing the disease,” said John Rademacher, CEO, Option Care. “We look forward to this new partnership with The ALS Association and the ability to be part of providing education, support and services to those living with the disease.”
“We’re deeply grateful for Option Care’s willingness to support our mission of helping people with ALS and their families,” said Calaneet Balas, Executive Vice President of Strategy for The ALS Association. “We’re proud to partner with Option Care as its services are more critical now than ever.”
Acerca de Option Care
Option Care Enterprises, Inc. (Option Care) es uno de los proveedores de servicios de infusión en el hogar y en centros alternativos de tratamiento más grandes y más confiables del país. Como líder en la industria, la empresa se respalda en casi 40 años de experiencia en atención clínica para ofrecer gestión de la terapia basada en el paciente. Los servicios estrella de Option Care, Home Infusion Plus, comprenden el manejo clínico de los medicamentos de infusión, el apoyo de enfermeros y la coordinación de la atención. El equipo multidisciplinario de más de 1800 profesionales clínicos de Option Care —formado por farmacéuticos, enfermeros y nutricionistas— puede proporcionar cobertura de servicios de infusión en el hogar para casi todos los pacientes en los Estados Unidos que necesiten tratamiento de afecciones complejas y crónicas. Obtenga más información en www.OptionCare.com.
About The ALS Association
The ALS Association is the only national non-profit organization fighting Lou Gehrig’s Disease on every front. By leading the way in global research, providing assistance for people with ALS through a nationwide network of chapters, coordinating multidisciplinary care through certified clinical care centers, and fostering government partnerships, The Association builds hope and enhances quality of life while aggressively searching for new treatments and a cure. For more information about The ALS Association, visit our website at www.alsa.org.
INFORMACIÓN IMPORTANTE DE SEGURIDAD
Before you receive RADICAVA, tell your healthcare provider about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have asthma.
- are allergic to other medicines.
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if RADICAVA will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. It is not known if RADICAVA passes into your breast milk. You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will receive RADICAVA or breastfeed.
Informe a su proveedor de asistencia médica todos los medicamentos que toma, incluidos los recetados y los de venta libre, las vitaminas y los suplementos a base de hierbas.
What are the possible side effects of RADICAVA?
- RADICAVA may cause serious side effects including hypersensitivity (allergic) reactions and sulfite allergic reactions.
- Hypersensitivity reactions have happened in people receiving RADICAVA and can happen after your infusion is finished.
- RADICAVA contains sodium bisulfite, a sulfite that may cause a type of allergic reaction that can be serious and life-threatening. Sodium bisulfite can also cause less severe asthma episodes in certain people. Sulfite sensitivity can happen more often in people who have asthma than in people who do not have asthma.
- Tell your healthcare provider right away or go to the nearest emergency room if you have any of the following symptoms: hives; swelling of the lips, tongue, or face; fainting; breathing problems; wheezing; trouble swallowing; dizziness; itching; or an asthma attack (in people with asthma).
- Your healthcare provider will monitor you during treatment to watch for signs and symptoms of all the serious side effects.
Los efectos secundarios más comunes de RADICAVA comprenden hematomas (contusiones), problemas al caminar (trastornos de la marcha) y dolor de cabeza.
These are not all the possible side effects of RADICAVA. Call your healthcare provider for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America, Inc. at 1-888-292-0058 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For more information, including full Prescribing Information and Patient Information, please visit www.RADICAVA.com.